Self-Motivation is, in its simplest form, the force that drives you to do things. Motivation is what pushes us to achieve our goals, feel more fulfilled, and improve our overall quality of life understanding and developing your self-motivation can help you to take control of many other aspects of your life. The ability to Motivate yourself is self-motivation. It is the drive you must work toward your goals to put effort into self-development and to achieve personal fulfillment. The best kind of motivation is self-motivation. The self-motivation driven by two types of motivation is Intrinsic motivation and Extrinsic motivation
“Intrinsic motivation occurs when we act without any obvious external rewards. We simply enjoy on activity or see it as opportunity to explore and learn.”.” Intrinsic Motivation comes from to perform a task for internal satisfaction and internal happiness. When was the last time you did something simply for the enjoyment of the activity itself? There are number of activities that fall into this category. For example you may Plant a Garden, Paint a Picture, Play a game, write a story or read a book. .” Self motivation can also be driven by extrinsic motivation, the drive to achieve that comes from wanting the external rewards like money, power and status.
“Extrinsic motivation occurs when we are motivated to perform a behavior or engage in a activity to earn a reward or avoid punishment. In this motivation you engage in behavior not because you enjoy or because you find it satisfying, but in order to get something in return or avoid something unpleasant.”
1.KNOW YOUR SELF
It’s very important to know yourself to stay self-motivation. Knowing your self means knowing your purpose in life, understanding your strengths, weakness, your passions, your fears, your desire, and dreams, etc. When you know your self, you like your own company and moments of joy happen organically and your opinion matter most your mind is clear. Being who are you truly are helps you feel more alive and makes your experience of life richer, larger, and more exciting. Knowing who are you can help live better and helps to stay self-motivated always. So now we talk about how to know your self? Here are some tips to know your self.
- Get to know your personality, what your personality is relied upon like, and who you are in your private moments as well as in your public one.
- Get to know your body, your breathing, your abilities, your limits of balance, and flexibility.
- Get to know you know your dreams and know the details and specifies.
- Get to know your likes and dislikes
2.CELEBRATE LITTLE WINS
Read and trying new things/skills and rediscover old hobbies. This will help you to stay self-motivated. You are never too old or young to try or learn something new and learning doesn’t have to involve being in a classroom. Achieving a new skill or piece of knowledge can improve self-esteem and confidence. Keep learning is the major source of stay self-motivated. So now here some examples of learning.
- Read a Motivational book.
- Taking up a new hobby.
- Trying to cook a new recipe.
- Improving your computer skills
Signing up for a course or class.
4. DON’T COMPARE WITH OTHERS
Stop comparing yourself with worlds or others. Comparing what you have and your results. It’s also important because a great motivator to see how much you have improved and how far you have come often you can be pleasantly surprised when you do such a review. That’s so important being eye to look at your own strengths and see your true values. It’s actually keyed to success because, without this ability, you will be unmotivated and won’t believe in yourself.
5. FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE
Beautiful things start to happen when you choose to focus on the positive. See the positive in everything and focus on it. Those who think positively feel happier and more contented with their lives. Train your mind to see the good in every situation. So now we discuss some steps to make positive thinking.
- Start the day with a positive affirmation. Talk to yourself in the mirror and say “ Today will be a good day” or “ I am going to be awesome today” you will be amazed how much your day improves.
- Focus on the good things, however small.
- Transform negative self-talk into positive self-talk.
- Focus on the present. Don’t worry about the future. Live in present and enjoy it.
- Stay with positive people. Who people’s positive mindset and attitude are the best motivators.